Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Dark Chocolate and Marmalade Tart.
* 250g plain flour
* 100g unsalted butter
* 100g icing sugar
* 2 eggs
* 4 drops vanilla extract
For the filling:
* 60g caster sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 egg yolks
* 200g Butter
* 300g dark chocolate
* 400g thick-cut marmalade
* Marscapone, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 180ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â°C/gas 4.
2. First make the sweet pastry case. Place the flour and butter in a food processor and process until thoroughly blended. Transfer to a mixing bowl and sift in the icing sugar. Mix thoroughly.
3. Beat the eggs and vanilla extract together in a bowl and add this to the pastry mix. Bring the pastry together, wrap it in cling film and allow to rest in the fridge for an hour.
4. Remove the pastry from the fridge. Roll out fairly thinly and use it to line a loose-based flan tin. Cover it with baking parchment, fill with baking beans and bake blind in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove the tin from the oven, take out the parchment and baking beans and allow to cool.
6. Next lower the oven temperature to 170ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â°C/gas 3.
7. To prepare the filling, melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water.
8. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs and extra egg yolks using an electric hand whisk. Then fold the whisked egg mixture into the chocolate mixture.
9. Spoon the marmalade into the pastry case and spread evenly. Pour the chocolate mixture into the case and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
10. Remove the tart from the oven and allow to cool on a wire cooling rack.
11. Slice with a hot knife and serve with dollops of mascarpone!