Saturday, July 30, 2011
A great hit with kids of all ages, these miniature party pieces will have them rushing back for more.
Cooking Time : 12 to 15 mins.
Preparation Time : 10 mins.
Makes 8 pops.
1 cup boiled and grated potatoes
¼ cup grated carrots
1 cheese cube
1 brown bread slice, soaked and squeezed
½ teaspoon ginger-green chilli paste
2 tablespoons chopped coriander
A pinch sugar
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons oil for cooking
8 candy sticks
1. Cut the cheese cube into 8 equal pieces and keep aside.
2. Soak the bread slice in a bowl of water. Squeeze out the water and mash the bread and keep in a bowl.
3. Add the potatoes, carrots, ginger, green chilli paste, coriander, sugar, salt and mix well.
4. Divide into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a flat round.
5. Place a cheese cube in the centre of each round and shape into ovals.
6. Pierce a candy stick into each oval and reshape the potato pops on the stick as shown in the picture. Keep aside.
7. Cook on both sides on a lightly greased non-stick pan till golden brown using a little oil necessary.
8. Serve hot.