Saturday, July 23, 2011
Ginger Chicken Kebabs
Chicken Breasts - 1 kg, cut into boneless cubes
Green Chilli Paste - 1 tbsp
White Pepper Powder - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Ginger Paste - 4 tbsp
Malt Vinegar - 4 tsp
Yoghurt - 1 cup, drained
Cream - 4 tbsp
Butter for basting
Ginger, Julienned - 2 tsp, long, thin strips
1. Clean the chicken cubes.
2. Mix green chilli paste, white pepper powder, salt, ginger paste and vinegar in a large bowl and rub on the chicken cubes.
3. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
4. Mix yoghurt with cream in a separate bowl.
5. Add the chicken cubes to the mixture and keep aside for half an hour.
6. Skewer chicken cubes and roast in a preheated (175C/350F) oven/grill/tandoor for 5 to 8 minutes.
7. Hang skewers to allow excess liquids to drip.
8. Roast again for 4 to 5 minutes.
9. Remove from skewers.
10. Garnish with julienned ginger.
11. Serve hot.