Spicy French Fries
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- oil for deep frying
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chaat masala
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
1. Peel and pat dry the potatoes. Using a large knife cut the potatoes into sticks 1/4 inch wide and about 3 inches long or use French Fries cutter. Dry the potatoes thoroughly with kitchen papers.
2. In a 4-quart heavy deep fryer or karahi heat oil over moderate heat to 325°F.
3. Fry potatoes in oil for 3 minutes (potatoes will not be golden) and using a slotted spoon transfer potatoes to paper towels to drain.
4. Reheat oil to 350°F. Return potatoes to oil and fry until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer fries with a slotted spoon to clean paper towels to drain.
5. In a large bowl stir together salt, chaat masala,and chilli powder. Toss the fries in spice mixture and serve with.